Saturday, October 16, 2010

FEEDING BULBS

So you have decide to plant some fall bulbs. Good for you!!!!!!!!! I just ordered mine and I can't wait to have my crew plant them. I have to be honest, I hate to plant bulbs. No immediate gratification. But in late winter and early spring, I am glad they are there.

If you want many seasons of bloom, it's a good idea to work in a bit of rock phosphate at planting time. But it's not necessary to fertilize spring-blooming bulbs to be honest. Sure I want to sell you some product, but assuming you've bought quality bulbs, next year's bud is already inside and your first season of bloom is assured.

When the leaves appear in spring, sprinkle some compost or well-rotted cow manure around the base of the plant, or water once with a high-phosphorus soluble fertilizer, diluted to half strength.

So easy...............I like it that way....

Have a great day...........

No comments:

Post a Comment